Passionate About Life | Abode

Monday, September 05, 2005

+ Interior | PC Power

Went to COMEX with my son last Sunday, 4 September 05.

Though it was raining heavily for the whole lot of the island, both of us the gadgets buff had to be there. I had to see a few interesting stuff like the 64bit PC from Acer and HP's Media Centre PC to replace my existing one.

Since he achieved good results for his recent exam, my son was divided between GameBoy Advance and new XBox games that are always on offer only during these computer expos.

Two floors of computer stuff and jam-packed crowd left nothing much to see actually. Spent most of the time at Microsoft Booth on 4th floor waiting for my son to decide which games to pick. The offers were - buy one for 10% discount, two for 20% and three games for 30%. Some new games had a "50% on second purchase" green tags on them.

My son was served by two teenage boys who were defintely game buffs enthusiastically. He finally settled for Mech Assault 2, Price Of Persia 2 and XMen Legend. All three for S$146.75 instead of the usual S$209.70

I found myself unresistable to Microsoft's Wireless Keyboard and Mouse set that was formerly S$129.00 months back, now reduced to S$59.00 from the usual reduced price of S$79.00.

What a wonderful feeling for me to have the cluttered wires reduced while my articulation to use the keyboard and mouse is totally unrestricted now. Cool!

Next phase already on the way. I am beefing my PC up with another set of 1GB DDR total to 2GB RAM for greater and speedier computing power, especially when I edit movies with Microsoft's Movie Maker program downloaded free off its website.

I can hear my son's laughter from his room while he attempts to master the game before he goes online to battle with other online gamers. We are giving him the freedom to play as much as he wants, since this whole week is a school holiday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home