Passionate About Life | Abode

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

+ Parents | LCD TV

LG 32Inch LCD TV Model: 32LZ50-L2

Went to my parents in Woodlands last Sunday, 9 Oct 05.

My parents had their Panasonic 29Inch CRT TV of more than 2 years with them not working as good anymore. It was the TV I gave them when I bought myself a Sharp 37Inch LCD.

I had that CRT TV for more than 6 years before I gave it to them. The lifespan is about close to 9 years. Not bad considering I bought for S$2,000.00 from Courts. The TV had served us well. I never regretted buying the TV at all. A 61 cent-a-day investment if my calculation is correct.

Mom decided to stay home, so I went with Dad to Courts, the biggest Electrical Superstore in Causeway Point. Courts was having a re-opening cum Hari Raya Sale, and that Sunday was the last day.

Dad comtemplating between a 26Inch and 32Inch LCD. The Korean brand LG was the obvious choice for the new technology dual-layer - a harder outer protective panel, including the fast recovery rate for the liquid crystals to stay get back into the colour mode when pressed-in as compared to the older models (that would include my Sharp LCD too.)

The resolution is the same as mine at 1366x728 pixels which is finer than the other brands of the same size. The design, as always for such TVs is slick and high-tech looking.

That weekend only, Courts had LG brand with a discounted price from S$3,299.00 to S$2,799.00 with two free gifts thrown-in. One from the manufacturer itself - an LG V-CB58HTV Vacuum Cleaner and another was from Courts - A 21Inch JVC CRT Colour TV.

Dad decided on the 32Inch model and forego the colour TV with a further reduction of S$150.00.

With all in, including an extended warranty from Courts for another 2 years to total 3, a charge of S$450.00 was added to a cool S$3,148.00 which he paid full amount in cash. Delivery on Tuesday, 11 Oct 05 after 2:00pm.

Received a call from Mom at work today. They have delivered the LCD TV to my parents home and fixed all other AV equipment to it.

My parents are delighted with the screen size and picture quality. The screen is big enough for good watching without the need for their glasses from the sofa, and visible enough further away when seated at the dining table.

Another high-tech gadget to the already impressive modern home for these two old folk to enjoy their golden years in comfort and a little more luxury. I am extremely happy that they are pleased with their choice.

2 Comments:

  • GOODS DAY IMRAN AND FAMILY..HEY I SEE THE SPAMMERS GET IN ON YOUR COMMENTS.. YOU SHOULD GET THAT THING I HAVE WHERE THEY SCRAMBLE UP LETTERS AND SO WHEN LEAVING A COMMENT YOU HAVE TO TYPE IN THE COMBO OF LETTERS.. THE SPAMMERS CAN'T CRACK THE CODE ..HEY MY COUSIN IS COMING FLYING BY SEAPLANE TO THE ISLAND TOMARROW.. SHE COMES IN 9:00 A.M. AND LEAVES THE SAME DAY AT 4:30.. I AM PRAYING ASKING THE GOOD LORD FOR A SPECIAL DAY.. I HAVE NOT SEEN MY COUSIN IN OVER 45 YEARS.. DUE TO FAMILY SEPERATION.. ETC.THE WEATHER IS SUPPOSE TO BE 80 % CHANCE OF RAIN.. BUT I'M STILL PRAYING WE CAN TOUR THE ISLAND AND HAVE A GOOD TIME ANYWAY.. I BELIEVE IN MIRICLES SO THE SUN WILL SHINE NO MATTER .. TAKE CARE.. I'LL TAKE PHOTO'S..ENJOY YOUR NEW T.V. I WISH OUR SON WAS CLOSER TO HELP US PURCHASR ELECTRONICS.. WE JUST GOT A NEW T.V. NOTHING FANCY BUT PANASONIC TOO.. GUESS WE DID OKAY..

    By Blogger won tong, at 2:14 am  

  • GOOD MORNING IMRAN.. I WILL LATER TELL YOU OF MY GREAT VISIT WITH COUSIN.. WOW.. ALSO TODAY IF YOU GET A CHANCE CHECK OUT THIS LINK IT'S FUNNY, LET ME KNOW IF IT WORKS..
    http://www.jibjab.com
    OR
    http://www.msn.com
    IT WILL HAVE A BOX AT THE TOP OF PAGE THAT CHANGES THE DAILY FEATURES SO LOOK FOR JIBJAB IN THE BOX AND CLICK.. LET ME KNOW IF YOU COULD VIEW..

    By Blogger won tong, at 1:53 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home