Passionate About Life | Abode

Friday, November 04, 2005

+ Neighbours | Act Four

Greetings & Thank You for sparing a thought

Yes. I must do something....

I must tell them that what they are doing is not acceptable. This is basic hygiene. As clean as they would want their home to be, so does the common public area we all share on the fourth floor.

ACT FOUR.

Coming back from my folks' home early evening. We saw the trash still at the same spot as before.

While my wife was opening the front gate and door, I just could not help it but went over to the rubbish chute area to take another look. My son followed me.

As I was checking the trash, my son suggested that I pick up a few crumpled papers to look for clues. Their names, etc, just like an investigator, sifting through things, looking for clues. Smart boy!

Picked-up a few and only then discovered a hospital duty roster of "Ward 55A and B" with the wife's name on one side, some writings of names like "Sejora" and "Djend.." with phone numbers on the opposite side.

My wife suggested to write a note to them. I improvised it by writing the note on that piece of paper and taped it onto the wall of the rubbish chute. I wrote:

"My dear neighbour,
Please throw your rubbish into the waste/rubbish chute. Please do not leave your rubbish outside to keep hygiene proper. Thank you."


It is my hope that:
  • They would notice and read my friendly reminder when they throw their trash.
  • The would feel embarrassed of having their personal pieces of rubbish able to be picked-up and hung on the wall;
  • They realise that they should throw their rubbish straight into the chute to avoid any unwanted info be read by anyone due to their own selfish act.
  • They amend their ways and spare a thought for the neighbours and the cleaner too.
  • No more scattered rubbish while upkeeping cleanliness and proper hygiene.

Last check, the cleaner had removed the scattered rubbish this evening, but left the hanging note on the wall intact.

Only one thing that bothers me.

Wonder if there is any other neighbour that may have done something to find out who the culprit was?

Will see tomorrow and the days ahead.

2 Comments:

  • IMRAN IMRAN...I WILL PUT MY HEAD TOGETHER WITH HUSBAND TO CATCH THE DUMPER..IS THERE A MANAGER WHO OVERSEE'S THE COMPLEX.. ANYONE IN CHARGE OF THE POOR MAN THAT WORKS AT THE TRASH PICKUP COMPANY ETC. THAT CAN BE CONTACTED?OR IS HE SELF EMPLOYED INDEPENDANT.. HOW CLOSE ARE YOU WITH YOUR NEIGHBORS? ALSO I WILL PRAY ABOUT THIS TOO CUZ GOD KNOWS WHO THAT STINKER IS..DO YOU HAVE ANY WAY TO ATTACH A VIDEO CAMERA ETC. WHEN MAIL IS TAMPERED WITH IN MAIL BOXES PEOPLE GO TO SPY STORES AND GET A VIDEO CAMERA AND CATCH THE THEIVES.. THESE PEOPLE ARE REAL OINKERS ..SLOBS..WHAT ARE THEY THINKING? "PIG DOES SUITE" I KNOW OUT OF RESPECT FOR YOU AS A MUSLIM I DON'T WANT TO USE THE PIG WORD..AND OFFEND..CAN THE PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION MAKE OUT A LETTER ADDRESSING THE CULPRIT.. AND GET TOGETHER FOR A SOLUTION THUS FORCING THE CULPRIT TO THE FOREFRONT..GEORGE MY HUBBIE IS A BUILDING CONTRACTOR AND SOME LADY (NOT) MOVED TO THE ISLAND AND IS HOMELESS..SHE HAS BEEN DUMPING HER TRASH AT GEORGES JOB SITE IN THE DUMPSTER AND SOMEONE CAUGHT HER AND INFORMED GEORGE.. THATS NOT RIGHT BUT GEORGE JUST SAID I KNOW WHO SHE IS AND SHE'S HOMELESS.. WELL THATS AN EXCUSE THAT MAY BE ACCEPTABLE BUT YOUR SITUATION IS NOT..YOU NEED TO TEAM UP WITH OTHER ANNOYED NEIGHBORS. IS THERE ANY CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES YOU CAN CALL ANNOYMOUSLY AND SAY IF THIS IS WHAT WE SEE ON THE OUTSIDE WHAT MUST THE PIG STYE PIN LOOK LIKE INSIDE. WITH A BABY..WELL I'LL THINK CREATIVLY SO AS TO NEITHER OF US GETTING IN TROUBLE WITH GOD..GIGGLE.. I'M UNDER THE WEATHER RIGHT NOW WILL WRITE MORE LATER..PRAY THAT THE CULPRIT GETS CAUGHT AND WE WILL PRAY IN AGREEMENT AND IT WILL HAPPEN AMEN!
    TOO BAD IT IS COMMUNITY CHUTE AS SOME BUSINESES HERE ATTACH A LOCK ON IT..I THINK IF THERE IS ANY KIND OF AGENCY THAT PROTECTS CHILDREN SOMEONE COULD CALL AND TIP THEM OFF THAT THIS IS AN UNHEALTHY ENVIRORMENT FOR A BABY..

    By Blogger won tong, at 6:55 am  

  • I DO NOT KNOW YOUR HOLIDAY BUT THE FAMILY BELOW LOOK BEAUTIFUL.. HYA RYA I DON'T KNOW HOW TO SPELL IT WITHOUT LOOKING BUT CELEBRATE AND BE WELL..MY MUSLIM FRIEND.

    By Blogger won tong, at 7:01 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home