Passionate About Life | Abode

Sunday, November 13, 2005

+ Neighbours | Act Six

View from living room, contemplating my move

Got into the house and cleaned-up, but my mind was restless.

I had to follow-up on this matter and that was an apportuned time to confront her.

I had to settle it once and for all since she was caught red-handed and witnessed by all 3 of us.

With the front door opened and I kept my post, waiting to actually see our culprit throwing her trash into the chute.

ACT SIX

10 minutes passed, and she still did not come out.

I was furious and had to confront her once and for all. Prayed silently in my heart that things will go diplomatically and that I could control my anger.

Went straight to her home, but before I could knock on the door, she opened it and was surprised that I was at her front door. I was startled too.

I told her that the rubbish was still there waiting for her to throw it into the chute, and told her that, that must not continue as it was unhygienic and wrong.

She replied confidently "Oh, I normally don't do like that. Maybe you got the wrong person."

I felt my temper raging inside, "normally...?"

I told her firmly that hers was the only household with a baby on the 4th floor, and the trash she placed earlier had Drypers diapers as with trash on other days too.

Before she could open her mouth, I told her also undisputedly her name on pieces of papers we found few days before with such trash too.

She paused to search for something to say and then replied "Oh, it isn't me. It must have been my sister-in-law who did that."

OH MY GOD! What kind of being is she? Which planet did she come from?

We witnessed her placing the rubbish exactly as we found the rest of the rubbish thrown likewise, untied and placed there without a thought for anyone else. We found her notes and her name on the pieces of paper inside the opened trash bags.

And she had the audacity to deny that, and place the blame on her sister-in-law too? WOW!

At worst, maybe both of them were guilty.

I told her to spare a thought for her fellow neighbours who had to endure, the filth of the oozing fluids out from the trash bag, the scattered pieces of trash in front of our door and around the lift landing when the wind blew, and the terrible smell it generated from the baby's soiled diapers, the rotten fish guts and decomposing vegetables.

We and our next-door neighbour, as well as the other neighbours too, when when had to wait for the lift.

I told her firmly but as politely as possible to throw the rubbish straight into the chute like all well-minded Singaporean would. All neighbours do not tolerate irresponsible dumping.

Unable to give any excuse, she finally admitted and apologized but "on behalf of her sister-in-law."

I walked back to my home and she trailed behind me to throw her second bag of rubbish.

I nodded with the "I believe that when I see it" gesture, and said my last words to her that the rest of the neighbours on the 4th floor would be glad that it would end when all play their part to keep our floor clean.

I went in and paused at the door when I locked the gate, indirectly telling her that I wish to see she actually doing her part to keep clean too.

She did when I heard the chute opened and the rubbish dropped in.

Must have been a revelation to her to finally for the first time, she actually stepped on the foot paddle to latch open the chute and threw her trash down the chute.

I have been keeping virgil since, to see if the matter repeated again. She may be right. Her sister-in-law may be another culprit. You never can tell. We will see.

Please do not let there be an ACT SEVEN.

6 Comments:

  • NO ACT 7 AMEN! WOW YOUR THE CHARLIE CHAN OF SINGAPORE..GIGGLE, THAT IS A HILARIOUS STORY. SOMETIMES THE BAD STORIES TURN OUT TO BE THE MOST COMICAL AND VICTORIOUS. YOU DID ALL THE RIGHT THINGS, AND YES OUR CHILDREN ARE QUITE BRILLIANT..MY ONE SON JEREMIAH IS A DIVERGENT THINKER WHICH DOES NOT TEST WELL BUT IS ABOVE AVERAGE INTELLIGENCE.. THEY ARE THE TYPE THAT CAN COME IN THROUGH A DIFFRENT WAY/ DOOR/ ANGLE OF A SITUATION AND HAVE THE CURE FOR CANCER OR SOMETHING.. THESE TYPES DON'T TEST WELL IN THE MAINSTREAM BECAUSE THEY VIEW THE QUESTION DIFFRENTLY. SO SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE A WISE SON AT SUCH A YOUNG AGE..IMRAN NOW THAT WE CAN'T FOLLOW THIS SOAP OPRA SAGA GEORGE AND I WILL BE BORED.. WE LOOKED FORWARD TO THE MYSTERY EACH WEEK KNOWING CHARLIE CHAN WAS ON THE CASE..WELL NEVER A DULL MOMENT ..ALSO DOES YOUR WIFE HAVE A JEWLERY MARKET???? I AM REALLY INTERESTED IN THAT? LET ME KNOW .. MY NEPHEWS WIFE MAKES JEWLERY AND HAS PARTIES WHERE THE PEOPLE CAN COME TO YOUR HOUSE AND PURCHASE.. SO GIVE ME THE SCOOP ON HER BUSINESS..I'D LOVE TO BUY SOMETHING OF HERS IF AFFORDABLE.. HAVE A GREAT WEEK..

    By Blogger won tong, at 5:56 am  

  • Yes, I hope no ACT 7. So far so good. Everyone is behaving. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

    You are right. Our children never cease to amaze us. We are blessed to have them beautiful inside and out.

    My wife started a little business selling ladies fashion jewellery which she has been dreaming to set up since our courting days.

    She has a website, rather a blogsite that I created and maintain for her. She sells online to locals here.

    They shop online, enquire and sometimes want to see their choices personally.

    Sometimes my wife meets them outsideand some of them would come by our home to view or try it on.

    She has many regular Customers whom we are happy to get to meet and they are happy with her collections.

    You may wish to visit her website Chic Couture, at below address or the link in my blog:

    www.chiccouture.blogspot.com

    Thank you for your advise and ideas from "ACT ONE." IT gave me greater confidence that what I was doing was right not righteous.

    Am very happy to know you. Take care and have a good week ahead.

    By Blogger Muhd Imran, at 9:38 pm  

  • OH IMRAN I JUST SAW MY LINK ON YOUR BLOG.. HOW SWEET IS THAT THANKS.. HOW WOULD I PUT YOURS AND OTHERS ON MINE?????? YOUR THE COMPUTER GURU..HELP! ALSO HOW DO YOU GET A COUNTER FOR THE BLOG.. THATS COOL BUT I DON'T HAVE ONE.. MINE WOULD PROBLEY BE LIKE A JOKE..GIGGLE.. I WROTE TO YOUR WIFE RE: HER JEWLERY / PRICES FISABLILITY TO SEND TO USA / PAYMENT EXCEPTED ETC. I'D LIKE TO HAVE SOMETHING IF I CAN AFFORD.. ALSO WHEN I ASKED ABOUT YOU A GRANDFATHER YOU SAID YOU HAD NIECES WITH CHILDREN AND BROTHERS? HERE IN USA WE WOULD NOT BE GRANDPARENTS TIL OUR OWN CHILDREN HAD CHILDREN.. MY SON EXPECTING IN 2006 GOD WILLING AND ALL IS HEALTHY NORMAL AND A BLESSING. I THINK WE MAY KNOW THE SEX OF THE BABY NEXT MONDAY.. NOW IF NEICES AND NEPHEWS HAVE BABIES I WOULD BE A GREAT AUNT...GEORGE GREAT UNCLE.. SO I GUESS IT IS DIFFRENT IN YOUR CULTURE.THANKS FOR SHAREING YOUR FAMILY WITH OURS...I AM VERY INTERESTED AND A PEOPLE P[ERSON.. HUGS TO ALL..

    By Blogger won tong, at 6:17 am  

  • Hello Sister Celtic,

    My wife has informed me about your email to her. She is all excited that someone from so far away likes her choice of collection too.

    She is in the midst of finding out the best ways to arrange purchase deliveries and payment methods here since this is the first overseas enquiry, before she replies to your email.

    She has asked me to inform you first.

    Yes! I would rather be a Great Uncle than a Grandfather any day, but Malay culture, not Singapore culture, makes me a grandfather.

    Must have been a wonderful news for you to know that there will be a new addition to the family. Congratulations to you all.

    Have a beautiful Thanksgiving!

    By Blogger Muhd Imran, at 1:01 pm  

  • SOUNDS GOOD IMRAN.. MY HUSBAND ASKED IF SHE TAKES PAYPAL...WE CAN PAY THROUGH THAT...I'LL OF COURSE PAY POSTAGE AND INSURANCE . I JUST NEED TO KNOW WHAT THINGS COST..I'M REALLY EXCIETED I SHOWED GEORGE THE JEWLERY AND I LIKE SUPPORTING FRIENDS AS I TRY TO BUY ALL THINGS ON THE ISLAND NOT THE MAINLAND...HEY GUESS WHAT MY SON IS HAVING A BOY OR RATHER HIS WIFE IS HAVING A BOY ..WE ARE THRILLED BUT OF COURSE WANT THE BABY HEALTHY AND NORMAL.. WE PRAY GOD WILLING..I'LL CHECK BACK FOR AN UPDATE.. THANK YOUR WIFE FOR HER TIME AND TROUBLE.. SHE REALLY DOES HAVE A FABULOUS EYE..

    By Blogger won tong, at 7:41 am  

  • Hi Sister Celtic,

    Congratulations! Is a boy!

    My wife and I thank you for your support in her little jewellery business.

    Since the prices vary, she would like to know which are the ones you like. Just tell her the design codes and she will gladly provide you with the prices.

    All in Singapore dollars which you may convert it to USD by dividing it by an estimated 1.67.

    In a nutshell, to add links in your blogsite, you need to:

    1. Log-in and click on "Template" on your blog at dashboard screen.

    2. Look for title "links" with below lines saying "edit me" that should be replaced with your website address you wish to put.

    3. Copy and paste this whole line each time below the last one, if you wish to add more than 2 "edit me" links that are already there.

    4. Must remember to click the "save" button and "republish" the whole blog for it to take effect.

    Hope this helps. Jeremiah should be a whiz at this.

    And yes, reading from your recent post, you definitely had a great Thanksgiving with family.

    Have a good weekend ahead and thanks again.

    By Blogger Muhd Imran, at 1:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home