Passionate About Life | Abode

Saturday, December 10, 2005

+ Parents | Spring Time

Springtime at my Parents' in Woodlands

Went to my parents' home in Woodlands alone. Sigh.

My wife had to tend to her booth in OUB Centre, while my son stayed home together with his cousin, Hakim who had stayed over for several days.

School holidays had started from 21st November 2005 till next year, 2nd January 2006. So these boys are enjoying themselves with PC and Xbox online games.

My Dad had to go for this scheduled blood test at Tampines Polyclinic, 1 week ahead of his follow-up medical appointment with the Colonary Consultant Dr. Ooi at SGH on Thurday, 15th of December 2005 at 9:20am.

My sister who lives in Woodlands Avenue 4, a few bus stops away from my Parents wished to tag along when I called her this morning.

She was the one who went with my parents, along with my 2nd eldest brother to the Polyclinic for Dad's first blood test.

While I waited for her to arrive, I enjoyed the flowers that were blooming in their corridor garden. It was like spring time in Woodlands.

Flowers of different colours bloomed brightly, facing the morning sun. The morning was sunny and breezy. A perfect opportunity for me to take pictures. A perfect day to spend it outside.

At 11:30am, we left my parents' home for Tampines Polyclinic by cab.

The morning sun shone beautifully as I looked out and enjoyed the scenery along the Seletar Expressway or SLE and then into Tampines Expressway or TPE, especially along Ponggol and Sengkang, when you could see the River and the Great Egrets along the banks of the river.

The journey took about 20 minutes. We reached Tampines Polyclinic and went straight to Laboratory Room 13 where we got a queue number 1812.

In less than 5 minutes, our queue number was called.

Another 5 minutes, my Dad was out of the lab after his blood was drawn. We sat there another 10 minutes drinking our hot Milo and coffee from the vending machine.

Tampines was my parents home for more than 20 years after we shifted from the Kampong or village in Lorong Ternak that was taken-up by the government for redevelopment.

She wanted to taste the Afganistan Restaurant food again. The food she loved so much when she lived there but had not tasted it for more than 2 years since she moved to Woodlands.

To fulfill her wish, we took a short ride in the cab from the Polyclinic to Tampines Street 21, where Tampines East Community Centre is.

Could see the gleaming faces of both my parents when we reached there for lunch.

My Mom ordered her Soto Ayam or rice dumpling in Chicken Soup, while Dad had his favourite rice with Asam Pedas Fish. My sister had her Kacang Pool with bread while I had Gado-gado.

We hunted for my Mom's shoes after that. She bought two pairs and was so satisfied with her purchase. My Dad bought some filters, water conditioner and fish food for their Parrot Fish aquarium at home.

My sister bought her monthly women's magazine and head-scarfs, while I just simply enjoying our outing together. No purchases required.

At the age of 73, I noticed my Mom, though had suffered a minor stroke a year back and had several bad falls before, was so energetic and jubilant this morning.

We went around shopping with her just having a walking stick in one hand and holding me on another. She could walk briskly now as appose to in a wheelchair a few months back. Her spirits are up and flying high, happy.

My Dad looked healthy and energetic. At the age of 78, he is awesome. After the colonary surgery to remove a small portion of his large intestine, he is a picture of joy today.

Once in a while I noticed the two of them holding hands and talking as they walked while we shop, I am just greatful to Allah for the blessings He gives us to see both parents loving each other and taking care of one another.

I wish to be that couple in front of me, I thought for a second.

Growing old together and getting to spend time together for as long as possible. I know in my heart that my son will feel this love towards us, this wonderful feeling I felt today.

7 Comments:

  • oh imran i almost cried .. OH IT WAS SOOO SWEET.. MEANS ALOT TO ME... I'M AN OLD WOMAN NOW AND SO ARE MY HUSBANDS PARENTS.. THEY LOVE AND ARE SO SWEET AND DEVOTED TO EACH OTHER AND YES IT IS A BLESSING TO SEE THIS..WE HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR 34 YEARS..AND THOUGH TOUGH TIMES AND TRIALS THE LORD SAW FIT TO KEEP HIS ALMIGHTY HAND ON US IN THOSE BAD TIMES..ONLY BY THE GRACE OF GOD. HEY I DID WRITE A BIG LONG THING ABOUT YOUR POST BELOW ABOUT 2 WEEKS AGO AND IT WOULD NOT GO THROUGH ALL BLOGGERS WERE AFFECTED BY THEWORD VERIFICATION BEING STUCK ON ONE WORD.. SO IT COLLAPSED THE COMMENT.. I'LL GO BACK AND WRITE AGAIN..YOUR PHOTO'S ARE A FEAST TO THE EYES.. I LOVE HEARING ABOUT YOUR FAMILY IT GIVES ME GREAT JOY..
    WE LIVE SO FAR AWAY AND ARE SO DIFFRENT YET WE CONNECT IN SPIRIT ..AND PEACE AND LOVE WHEN THIS WORLD IS SO MESSED UP..I WILL PRAY AS YOU BRING UP YOUR SON AND PLEASE PRAY FOR MY GRANDCHILD THAT WILL ENTER THIS TROUBLED WORLD.. I THINK WE ARE AN EXAMPLE OF 2 FAMLIES THAT SHOW LOVE AND RESPECT AND REGARD FOR OTHERS BELIEFS AND WAYS..HAS YOUR WIFE FIGURED ANYTHING OUT ABOUT THE JEWLERY I HAVEN'T HEARD YET.. AS FOR THE ARSON FIRE NEAR YOU.. MY HUSBAND AND SON ARE FIREFIGHTERS.. NOT ANYMORE BUT WE WOULD OF GONE TO SNOOP AND LOOK AT WHAT WAS HAPPENING.. YOU TAKE SUCH GOOD PHOTO'S THANKS FOR SHAREING STORIES AND PICS... MY MOM USE TO DRINK AND SMOKE UGH...YUCK.. AND BURN OUR HOUSE DOWN.. GOSH THAT WAS FUN GROWING UP... FUNNY THING I STARTED TO ASK FOR SMOKE DETECTORS ALARMS FOR BIRTHDAY GIFTS AND HAND THEM OUT TO THE ELDERLY.. WEIRD ISN'T IT..OH WELL BY THE GRACE OF GOD I'M STILL ALIVE..KEEP TAKING THOSE PHOTO'S AND INTERESTING STORIES.. CHECK OUT MY BLOG WHEN YOU CAN.. LAATER! STAY WELL AND HUG THE FAMILY FOR ME..

    By Blogger won tong, at 7:06 am  

  • OH AND GEORGES PARENT ARE 84 AND 87 GEORGE'S DAD HAD COLON CANCER HAD LIKE 18 INCHES OF COLON REMOVED.. HE DID SOME CLINICAL TRIAL THAT WAS IN NEWSWEEK MAGAZINE .. I'LL TRY AND FIND THE ARTICLE FOR YOUR DAD.. EITHER I CAN SEND VIA E-MAIL IF YOU HAVE AN ADDRESS OR VIA MY BLOG.. I WAS ALSO IN THE PAPER 2 YEARS IN A ROW ABOUT MY CANCER AND TREATMENT.. GEORGE'S DAD'S WENT TO HIS LIVER BUT HE IS DOING GREAT..THANK THE GOOD LORD..

    By Blogger won tong, at 7:09 am  

  • OH AND I ALMOST FORGOT TO MENTION THE EGRETS.. I LOVE THEM.. WE HAVE SWANS NOW AND SNOW GEESE.. BUT THE IGRETS ARE SO AWESOME..

    By Blogger won tong, at 7:14 am  

  • HI IMRAN.. DO YOU HAVE DSL...FAST SPEED FOR VIEWING VIDEO CLIPS? IF SO LET ME KNOW AND I'LL SEND YOU A CUTE ONE I GOT TODAY...THANKS..

    By Blogger won tong, at 5:22 am  

  • Hi Sister Celtic,

    Yes I am connected with hi speed cable. Please send the clip you mentioned. This should be fun. Thanks again.

    By Blogger Muhd Imran, at 7:22 am  

  • HOW DO I DO IT.. I'LL SEND YA SOME FUNNY STUFF I HOPE YOU LIKE BUT WHAT E-MAIL DO I SEND IT TOO..LET ME KNOW... YOU HAVE MY E-MAIL ADDRESS AND SO IF YOU SEND SOMETHING I WILL SEND BACK TO THAT ADDRESS.. LET ME KNOW HOW TO DO IT...THANKS

    By Blogger won tong, at 5:21 am  

  • to all of you dear family.. have a new year of peace and joy, and thankyou for supporting my blog.. i love yours..hugs to all... oh and i almost forgot.. i read the other night on your blog about your sons sandwich p-nut butter and mayo and lettuce can't remember if it had a banana.. well i had to have one so tell him it was wonderful.. giggle laaaater.

    By Blogger won tong, at 3:26 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home