Passionate About Life | Abode

Monday, December 19, 2005

+ Vicinity | Taxi Spot

Tampines Street 71 December Moon

Mondays are the worst days of my everyday adult-working-life.

Weekends with my family is always great and I treasure them however mundane the days can get at its worst times. Being together and doing things together are always wonderful and fulfilling.

Like every "normal" working adult, I guess Mondays are always the most dreaded day of the week. For me it always begins on Sunday afternoons.

Mondays come and I have to pick up the working momentum from the lazy bones I have in my body reserved for play and doing the things I like.

A good workout on my home gym is always refreshing for the body before I hit the shower for work, but mentally I needed that extra pick-up to face the responsibilities and stresses at work that coffee cannot do... Though fellow office mates are good and definitely worth to be there anyway.

Tampines Bus Service 293 with morning sun rising

As any normal day, I would stand by the road side in front of my block to flag for a cab. Like many Mondays, the cabs are always either with its "On Call" sign on or never to be seen. Gets on my nerves every time. I will be late for work.

This counts as the start of the little bits of stresses for that make the day into one big neck throbbing migrane at the end of the day.

Then when you tell yourself to stop making yourself stress over some things that you cannot control, you begin to relax a little.

Then you get to realize how beautiful the morning was; fresh air, light breeze with the clear blue sky. The morning sun rising.

Although I would be 30 minutes late reporting to work, I got to snap some photos around me with my Sony Erricson s700i cell phone while still waiting for a cab.

Notice the moon right over the blocks of flat opposite the road where I stood. An awesome sight.

A brand new day! Not so bad after all. It is the state of mind that made me bias of Mondays.

2 Comments:

  • AS USUAL GEORGE AND I LOVED READING ABOUT YOUR WEEKLY ROUTINE..I THINK IT IS UNIVERSAL WHEN WE HAVE HAD A FUN COUPLE DAYS AND THEN...DUM DEE DUM DUM.. MONDAY CRASHES IN ON EVERYONE.. SAW THE MOON AND YOUR CAMERA WORKS GREAT.. WE ARE INVESTING IN A NEW CAMERA AND ORDERED IT YESTERDAY.. DIGITAL CANON 8 MEGA PIXEL..SO WE HOPE TO HAVE SOME REALLY GOOD PHOTO'S ..THE CAMERA WAS VERY EXPENSIVE FOR US BUT I THINK OVER THE YEARS IT WILL PAY OFF AND WE WON'T MISS ALL THE GREAT SHOTS WE COULD OF GOTTEN OF BIRDS.. WE FOUND AN EAGLES NEST AS THEY ARE BUILDING IT RIGHT NOW SO WITH THE NEW CAMERA WE CAN WATCH AND PHOTOGRAPH THEM IN IT AND ALL THE STAGES OF THE BIRTH OF AN EAGLE.. WELL IT'S A NEW YEAR SO LETS SEE WHAT 2006 HOLDS FOR ALL OF US.. HUGS AND THE BEST TO ALL OF YOU..

    By Blogger won tong, at 3:18 am  

  • Hello Sister Celtic,

    After 14 years working in the same line, not so sure I like doing it anymore. The big picture here is providing my family and parents their daily bread.

    The photo turned out quite nicely. Its from my Sony Ericsson s700i camera phone.

    Yes, I look forward to more sceneries around and life on Lopez Island.

    Happy New Year!

    By Blogger Muhd Imran, at 12:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home