Passionate About Life | Abode

Sunday, May 21, 2006

+ Vicinity | Sports Sunday

Tampines Swimming Complex | Fun Pool
Today was not such a bad day after all. It was a Sports Sunday.

While Wify was at her shop in the afternoon, my son and I went for some exercise. I know, not a fair deal it seems, but us guys need sports to keep us sane.

We did not get off so easily though. Wify had me go over to scout a place she thinks has a good deal for a shop. We need a bigger shop than we have now to expand our collection and range. The need for more display space.

Bugis Street | ICON @ Bugis PointMy son and I left home in the afternoon to ICON @ Bugis Point. There is a shop on the 6th floor that is for rent.

The building is just opposite Parco Bugis Junction and beside the DHL Balloon. At 50 Square feet, it sure is too small for the collections we have in mind to display.

Further more, each shopping floor is accessible by either staircase or elevator only.

With about 12 cubical shops of about the same square feet, it did not seem to be a good idea for expansion, since not many people will actually casually wait for the only elevator, go up to do window shopping.

The walk-in crowd is just not there. We have to give this space a miss.

So off we went back to Tampines Central where we finally can do some exercise. A first visit for me since I bought the home-gym set last year.

Tampines Swimming Complex EntranceTampines Swimming Complex has been revamped to facilitate resort style fun pool with water falls , mushroom fountains and water slides, amongst 3 other adult and competition pools.

There is also a sun-tanning deck right in the centre, elevated two stories high. Cool!

This swimming pool now has a second story catwalk with a big fitness gym overlooking the pools. The fitness club was moved from Tampines Sports Hall to this location for all-family fitness life-style.

The place was buzzing with family and happy kids. Fun screams and the loud waterfall sound gave it a fun resort and theme-park atmosphere. I got excited just looking at it from the entrance alone.

Bought the ticket from the vending machine for my son to enter the swimming pool area. It costs S$0.70 per entry for children and S$1.20 for adults.

Tampines Swimming Complex | Fitness ClubI paid S$2.50 per entry to work out at the gym.

Impressive ample space with the full floor to ceiling glass panels on both sides over-looking the swimming pools as well as the football field and Tampines Millennia Roller-skating Ring.

The gym equipment are the ones moved from the Sports Hall and the number of equipment available is much to be desired given the ample space.

Though enough for now with multi-gym sets and free weights available for weight training, treadmills and stepper machines are lined and more than enough to satisfy everyone without having to wait for your turn.

It however lacks a calf-machine and cable rows for flying pecs and deltoids which I prefer. I had to use free weights for these instead.

Tampines Swimming Complex | Fun Pool Entrance View
Overall, I was quite impressed with the revamped facility and the amenities comparable to health clubs and small-scaled theme-parks. All these for residents of Tampines. Another silver lining we get when we chose Tampines New Town as our home.

Life is good!

4 Comments:

  • FINALLY A MOMENT TO READ.. THAT LOOKS GREAT AND I KNOW VERY RELAXING AND FUN. DANISH IS SO FORTUNATE TO HAVE YOU AND AZI . ALOT OF PARENTS DO NOT CARE AND LOOK TO RID THEMSELVES OF RESPONSILITY AND TIME SPENT QUALITY TIME WITH THEIR CHILDREN. THANKS IMRAN FOR CHECKING ON US..THIS IS THE FIRST MOMENT I HAVE HAD.. GEORGE TOOK SOME PHOTO'S JUST FOR IMRAN..HE IS SO FUNNY. HE SAID HONEY TAKE A PICTURE HERE , THERE FOR IMRAN HE'LL LIKE IT..GIGGLE.. HAVE A GOOD WEEK AND I WILL RESPOND AS SOON AS I HAVE THE FREE TIME TO PLAY. RIGHT NOW IT'S ALL WORK .. NIGHT TO ALL AND LOVE AND HUGS..

    By Blogger won tong, at 12:45 pm  

  • Just dropped by to let you know that today is Barbara's birthday and the band is playing at her virtual progressive birthday party. Come on by and wish her happy birthday!

    By Blogger Lazy Daisy, at 3:50 am  

  • Hello All,

    Wonderful to receive your messages.

    Sister Celtic | We are just happy to have family time. Life is fast moving here and a lot of things tend to be taken for granted.

    So I spend as much time with my family as I can... pictures and all.

    Yes, indeed, please do what George says, because I just love the photos he takes. You have an amazing place you call home. I should be in heaven too if I lived in Lopez.

    Ellen | It sure is a good place to spend time exercising. Doing the sport that you fancy.

    We are fortunate to have the place a stone's throw away from our home. It takes than 10 minutes to walk there.

    Whatever sports he likes, I am for it because I believe in exercising and proper diet to stay healthy, amid all these lazy bones I have in my body at times.

    Lazy Daisy | It was great joining in celebration of Barbara's Birthday bash.

    Do tell me whenever anyone in our FFMB that are celebrating, and I will be there with my guitar strumming!

    By Blogger Muhd Imran, at 11:36 pm  

  • DEAREST IMRAN, AZI ,DANISH...HOW WONDERFUL YOU ARE TO US AND SPECIAL. GOD IS SO GOOD TO BRING US TOGETHER AND WANT THE BEST FOR ALL.. WE LOVE YOU VERY MUCH HOPE TO STAY BETTER IN TOUCH WITH WRITING.. SO SORRY WAS A BUSY SUMMER BUT WE NEVER EVER FORGET YOU ALWAYS IN OUR PRAYERS AND THOUGHTS.. HUGS

    By Blogger won tong, at 1:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home